Lau bakolir bor / Bottle gourd fritter (Assamese)
* 10 pieces of tender bottlegourd peel (appx. 1 inch by 2 inches size)
* 50 gms besan/gram flour
* 1 pinch baking soda
* 1/2 tsp nigella seeds/kalounji
* 1 tsp poppy seeds/posto
* 1 pinch turmeric powder
* Salt to taste
* water to make the batter
* Mustard oil
1. Wash and drain the peels.
2. Make a paste of the gram flour, baking soda, turmeric powder, salt, nigella, poppy seeds and water.
3. Heat mustard oil in a frying pan. Dip the peels in the paste.
4. Deep fry the peel upon medium heat one by one till crispy and done.
5. Put the fried bors/fritters on paper napkin to soak excess oil.
6. Serve hot as starters.