Masundari bhaji/ Chamelion Plant Fry (Assamese)
* 150 gm masundari xaak/ chameleon plant leaves
* 1 tbsp chopped garlic
* 3 tbsp masoor daal
* 1 tbsp mustard oil
* 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
* Salt to taste
1. Clean, wash and drain the leaves.
2. Wash and soak the daal for half an hour.
3. Heat oil in a shallow frying pan. Fry the chopped garlic.
4. Sprinkle turmeric powder and add the daal.
5. Upon low heat stir fry the daal for awhile and add the leaves.
6. Sprinkle salt and upon medium heat stir fry till done.
7. Serve with rice or even as starters.